Nutraceutical Product Manager / Business Developer
The Product Manager / Business Developer will develop the sourcing and sales of nutraceutical ingredients in nutritional, pharmaceutical and health and personal care sectors in North America. Types of products we sell are considered as specialty ingredients and custom manufactured products. This position will require the candidate to be able to:
- Must have strong relationships with customers and suppliers in the nutraceutical industry and proven track record of growing sales and profit margin year-over-year.
- Manage and develop sales staff and work cross-functionally with other leaders on the team.
- Must be able to source and qualify nutraceutical ingredients from reputable/trustworthy suppliers, and develop strong supplier relationships in conjunction with our purchasing agent located in Shanghai.
- Grow the business by increasing opportunities with existing businesses and identifying opportunities for profitable growth.
- Must be able to negotiate prices and terms with both suppliers and customers, close deals, and develop new business.
- Conduct Market Analysis, establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand; Develops technical product knowledge.
- Manage inventory levels to support business.
- Participate in the design and implementation of strategies to improve sales results.
- Prepare an annual sales budget, monitor product sales, achieve financial objectives and explain variances.
- Provide written reports on sales and development activities as requested.
- Communicate with accounting on proper posting of receivables, assist on collection of receivables as needed.
- Knowledgeable about import practices and inco-terms.
- Participate in Nutraceutical and Chemical Industry Trade shows.
- Time allocation: 35% account maintenance / 65% new business development.
Bachelor’s degree, (Master’s degree preferred) in International Trade, Sales and Marketing, Chemistry or related field and 10+ years of commercial/technical sales experience of commercial sales experience in a chemicals distribution or trading company. Must be organized, opportunistic, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. This job requires someone who is self-motivated, highly determined and not easily deterred. The person should possess initiative and an “entrepreneurial” spirit. The person should have great interpersonal and communication skills. This position is based in our Shelton, CT office and requires minimum 35% travel – tradeshows, overnight, domestic and international.
CellMark / AnMar offer competitive compensation based on experience and highly desirable benefits package. Growth opportunities in income and responsibilities, operation is growing organically and via acquisition which creates new opportunities for existing employees.
Qualified candidates, please submit resume and base salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for considering a career at CellMark. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with confirmation.
* indicates required field